Brochure Type: The Australia and New Zealand Book 2022
Combine the natural splendour of Victoria's Twelve Apostles and South Australia's Kangaroo Island with the award-winning food and wine scene of Adelaide Hills, the celebrated Barossa and Coonawarra wine regions.
- Discover Adelaide
- Explore Worn Gundidj in Tower Hill State Reserve, Coonawarra wine region, Alexandra Cave, boutique distillery on Kangaroo Island, Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, Seal Bay Conservation Park, and the Barossa with a Local Specialist
- Scenic Drive along the Great Ocean Road
- View the Twelve Apostles, the Blue Lake, koalas at Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, sea lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park, the Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch on Kangaroo Island
- Visit Flinders Chase National Park, and wineries in South Australia
- Dive into Culture Visit Worn Gundidj in Tower Hill State Reserve where you will gain insights into the local flora, volcanic formations and medicinal practices from an Aboriginal perspective.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Join us to assist with Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary's bushfire recovery plan and wildlife rehabilitation programme.
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 2 Dinners
- 2 Lunches
- 6 Breakfasts
- All land transport shown. All transfers shown
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
Call (510) 656-6582 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16627979
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Melbourne||Depart Melbourne for Warrnambool: Buckle up for an epic coastal road trip filled with pinch-me moments. This is one of the world's most celebrated scenic drives and with every detail taken care of, all that's left is for you to do is kick back and enjoy the beautiful views. Your journey along the scenic Great Ocean Road will include a stop in Lorne and Apollo Bay, a tranquil seaside retreat which welcomes Southern-right whales to its shores from winter to spring. Visit the limestone Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge before arriving in Warrnambool, the whaling capital. At the end of this highlight day, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.|
Deep Blue Hotel and Hot Springs
|Day 2||Naracoorte||Through Wine Country to Naracoorte: Dive Into Culture at Worn Gundidj in Tower Hill State Reserve, a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience, where you will gain insights into the local flora, volcanic formations and medicinal practices from an Aboriginal perspective. Then, cross the South Australia border to Mt. Gambier to view the Blue Lake, set in the crater of an extinct volcano. Your next stop is the celebrated wine-making region of Coonawarra, where you'll join a Local Specialist for a tasting at a local winery. Indulge in the full-bodied, fruity flavours in the region's signature Cabernet Sauvignon wines produced on its 'terra rossa' soil and learn how the region played a leading role in Australia's wine industry since the 1890s. Continue your journey to the Naracoorte Caves, a World Heritage site, where you'll be taken on a guided tour with a Local Specialist through Alexandra Cave, its crown jewel which was discovered in 1908.|
William MacIntosh Motor Lodge
|Day 3||Kangaroo Island||Nature's playground, Kangaroo Island: Ease into the laidback lifestyle encouraged by the locals of South Australia's Fleurieu Peninsula and visit Victor Harbor at lunchtime. Delve into the town's reputation for being heaven for foodies as you enjoy lunch on your own at one of its favourite restaurants. This afternoon, board your ferry at Cape Jervis and cross to Kangaroo Island, where pristine beaches, local wines and abundant wildlife wait to be discovered. Later, join a Local Specialist at Kangaroo Island's only boutique distillery to taste a selection of their handcrafted premium spirits. Savour the aroma of native Australian botanicals used to handcraft gins, vodkas and liqueurs. Dinner tonight is at your hotel in Kingscote, South Australia's oldest European settlement.|
|Day 4||Kangaroo Island||Explore Kangaroo Island: Embark on in-depth exploration of Kangaroo Island, which includes a visit to the Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch in Flinders Chase National Park. Join Trafalgar on a private educational ecology tour of the Trafalgar-sponsored Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, which was badly affected by last year's bushfires. Your visit will assist with their bushfire recovery plan and wildlife rehabilitation programme a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER Experience. After lunch featuring fresh local produce, join a Local Specialist at Seal Bay Conservation Park for a guided walk among a colony of rare sea lions in one of the country's most important breeding colonies.|
|Day 5||Adelaide||Festival City Adelaide: Return to the mainland and continue your journey to Adelaide, the 'City of Churches'. An orientation tour with your Travel Director is followed by free time to explore on your own or maybe consider an Optional Experience.This evening is yours to indulge in the city's multi-cultural flavours.|
|Day 6||Adelaide||The Bountiful Barossa: The rolling Adelaide Hills, Hahndorf and the Barossa lay ahead of you today and you'll have the opportunity to sample a number of their world-renowned wines. Enjoy lunch at the South Australian Company Store, then visit Seppeltsfield Barossa to sample some of Trafalgar's favourites with a Local Specialist before touring the surrounding Barossa vines. See local artisans at work at the JamFactory, and soap and perfume being made at Vasse Virgin. You'll end the trip on a high note returning to Adelaide for a Farewell Dinner with your Travel Director and newfound friends.|
|Day 7||Adelaide||Farewell Adelaide: Your journey through the beautiful natural landscapes and stylish cities of Southern Australia at its end, say farewell to your fellow travellers as you transfer to Adelaide Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime).|
- Combine this itinerary with the Southern Capitals - City Meets Bush for the complete Southern Australia experience. See 11 Day Tastes of Southern Australia.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class